In these terms and conditions:-
“We” and “us” means Rapid Aluminium Bifold Doors Ltd
“You” means the person ordering the goods subject to these terms and conditions
Your contract with Rapid Aluminum Bifold Doors
1) These terms and conditions apply to all products and services supplied by us to you.
2) We reserve the right to change these terms of sale without notice to you in relation to future sales.
3) All orders are subject to acceptance by the company and no contract exists between you and us for the sale of any goods until we have received and accepted your order and full payment and we have provided you with confirmation in writing or by email to the address or email address you have given. When you have received our confirmation of your order a binding legal contract exists between us.
Description & Cost
1) All goods are fully described on our web site and/or in our specific quotation which will also confirm our current price including VAT. If you require further information please contact us prior to ordering or using the ‘Build My Door‘ section of our website.
2) Your order will be manufactured to your specified colour option, configuration and chosen delivery option, which is on our 8 Day Turnaround, unless specified otherwise due to product specification outside of these terms.
3) Nationwide Delivery is free to UK mainland addresses. Deliveries to any location outside UK mainland are available at extra cost and a quotation will be provided on request.
4) We will endeavour to ensure that our website and any specific product and services prices are correct at time of order. In the unlikely event of a pricing error we reserve the right to notify you as soon as possible and offer you the option to continue with your order at the correct price or alternatively, you may cancel your order and a full refund will be provided, given you have ‘waved’ the 7 day returns policy outlined in the quoting process. If a refund is required, the refund will be made within 60 days in the original form received.
1) Payment can be made using secure credit/debit card facilities, bank transfer or by cheque mailed to our address. Full payment must be received and all orders are processed on receipt of cleared funds ONLY, and if payment is made by cheque, you should allow a further five to ten working days for your payment to be received and cleared permitting an delivery policy to start from this date.
2) Any deposited amount for an order will be refunded to the customer using the same payment method as the original deposit payment.
1) All delivery dates quoted are intended as an approximate guide only and time shall not be deemed to be the essence of this contract.
2) Non-delivery or delivery not by the due date shall not entitle the purchaser to refuse a delivery after such date, repudiate the contract or make a claim for damages in respect of late delivery.
3) The delivery will be made to the nearest suitable point of access by the delivery vehicle. If the site is not accessible by our vehicle it is your responsibility to accept the delivery at the nearest available point and to provide onward transport to your site, or persons to receive the product once it has been unloaded. We are not responsible for any labour, lifting, transport once the product has left the delivery vehicle.
4) You must supply sufficient labour to offload your order at the delivery address or nearest point. If we are unable to deliver your order because no-one is present to receive the delivery we will make arrangements for re-delivery at additional cost.
5) We will normally deliver your order in one complete delivery but reserve the right to make deliveries in instalments within the greed delivery date or dates.
6) Risk for the goods will pass to you once your order has been delivered and we cannot be responsible for loss or damage once you have received and signed for your order.
7) Where you have requested delivery to a third party for onward shipment, risk for the goods will pass to you once your order has been delivered to this third party. The company accepts no responsibility for damage or missing items once the goods have been accepted by your third party forwarder.
8) You must check goods at time of delivery and acknowledge any damages on the delivery note. Claims for faulty, damaged or defective goods must be notified in writing within 5 days of delivery for the provision of free of charge replacements or services. Claims submitted after this period may incur a charge for replacement.
1) If any goods are received damaged or defective or your order has been delivered incorrectly you must notify us in writing within 3 days of receipt.
2) Any goods that have been installed cannot be returned unless faulty.
3) If you notify a problem to us under this clause, we will, at our option:
(a) make good any shortage or non-delivery
(b) replace or repair any goods that are damaged or defective
(c) refund to you the amount paid by you for the parts in question
4) We cannot be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses however arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition, and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the specific parts in question.
5) If our products are supplied for self-installation (Supply Only) it is your responsibility to ensure that they are installed correctly. Whilst we provide information to assist you in installation we cannot be liable to you for any loss or damage arising from information we have provided regarding installation.
6) You can request a site visit by one of our engineers if any faults arise.
7) The company accepts no liability for broken or damaged glass sealed units that has not been recorded on the delivery note at the point of delivery.
8) The purchaser shall not be entitled to reject any material on account of imperfections or variations inherent in uPVC or Aluminium extrusion product assembly and the glass making process. Unless otherwise agreed in writing, the acceptability of glass quality should be judged by reference to “Visual Quality Standard for Installed Insulating Glass Units Constructed from Transparent Flat Glass” published by the Glass and Glazing Federation. Similar criteria applies to other types of glass.
9) Despite our Terms & Conditions is intended to limit any statutory rights you may have as a consumer that cannot be excluded by law nor to exclude or limit our liability to you for death or personal injury resulting form our negligence.
1) All conservatories, windows and doors are manufactured specifically for your order and therefore there is no right to cancel the contract with us. Cancellation can only occur as specified in clause above.
2) You have the right to cancel stock items ordered from this website within seven days from delivery and receive a full refund for these items, unless ordered through our ‘8 Day Turnaround’. It is your responsibility to ensure that these goods are returned to us in a good and resale-able condition complete with the original packaging. If you request us to arrange for their collection, we will deduct the cost of carriage from any refund due to you. Any items that are returned to us damaged will not be refunded and can be returned to you at your cost.
Changes to your order
All conservatories, windows, bifold doors, patio doors and entrance doors are made to order and production of the components for your order will commence shortly after your order has been confirmed to you. If you require changes to be made to your order after you have confirmed the order details we reserve the right to make additional charges for any components that have or are in the process of being manufactured and cannot be used elsewhere.
1) All products supplied by us are warranted as follows:
Aluminium profile finishes – 10 Years
Locks & Fittings – 1 Year
Sealed Units – 10 years
Conservatory Roof – 10 years
- This warranty is not transferable and is provided on the basis that the goods have been correctly installed and maintained in accordance with our instructions.
- This warranty does not affect any statutory rights you have as a consumer.
2) Excluded from this warranty is any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence, faulty installation by you or any third party, or any alteration or repair carried out without our approval.
3) Should any goods supplied by us to you develop a defect under warranty you should notify us in writing as soon as possible.
4) Where we replace any item under warranty we reserve the right to arrange(at our cost)for the return of the original item.
5) Replacement parts issued under this warranty will be provided free of charge but installation costs are excluded.
6) The customer must satisfy himself as to the suitability of the products before use and installation. No liability shall rest upon the supplier for any conditions made of implied nor is any warranty given or to be implied as to the life and wear of the goods supplied or that they will be suitable for any other particular purpose for use under specific conditions notwithstanding that such purpose or conditions was made to the supplier before supply of the goods.
We reserve the right to change and improve the specification of any of our products at any time without notice. Such changes will not entitle the customer to reject the goods or cancel the contract.
These terms and conditions, together with our current web site prices, specifications, delivery details and contact details set out the whole of the agreement relating to the supply of the goods to you by us. Nothing said by any person on our behalf should be understood as a variation of these terms and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods offered for sale by us. Save for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, we shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue or misleading.
Third Party Rights
Except for our directors, employees or representatives, a person who is not a party to this agreement has no right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 to enforce any term of this agreement but this does not affect any right or remedy of a third party that exists or is available apart from that Act.